Check back regularly for updated information.
Local Coronavirus Hotline
Local Website – Stlcorona.com
St Louis College of Health Careers holds the health and safety of our campus community as a top priority and wants to ensure that all of our community members have access to information about the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are closely monitoring the situation per the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Updates will be posted on this site as available. Please check back regularly.
With new data on the spread of coronavirus, the CDC now recommends that individuals wear cloth face coverings when they go out in public. Evidence has shown that individuals can spread the virus even without symptoms. Wearing a face covering helps prevent asymptomatic, but infected, individuals from spreading the virus. Children under age 2 and those with breathing problems should not wear face covering. N95 respirators and surgical face masks should be reserved for health care workers caring for those affected by this virus. http://www.cdc.com
Here is a video on how to make a face covering out of items in your home: Homemade Facemasks
Coronavirus Updates and Resources
For updated information for Missouri, visit the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services website.
We are taking precautionary steps to clean and disinfect our campus as much as possible in the midst of the flu season and the coronavirus outbreak.
- In addition to the regular campus cleaning, common areas are also being disinfected throughout the day, paying special attention to doorknobs and handrails
- Additional hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant wipes are being distributed throughout campus
We encourage all community members to become familiar with the CDC recommendations for prevention, which are the same practices used to prevent the cold and flu including:
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Get a flu vaccine